COVID-19 Resources for the Field of Deflection
A note from PTACC’s Executive Director
A special greeting to you, the Field of Deflection and Pre-Arrest Diversion during these very difficult times that we are all going through, and that we will all be coming out of on the other side of…together.
As we have so much before us and coming at us with the COVID-19 pandemic, including many more emails than we can all get through, the PTACC National Leadership Council decided that the best thing we could do for our field would be to compile resources, guidance, and tools and make those easily available in the PTACC Ticker and on our PTACC website (www.ptaccollaborative.org). The list is sorted by our name P – T – C and all that includes such as housing, recovery, services, race, mental health, children, and more.
If you have something you are learning that our field needs to know, email us at email@example.com and we can share it with our deflection colleagues. PTACC is the national voice of and knowledge leader for deflection and pre-arrest diversion and that’s because of you and your essential service to our nation. PTACC is here for you.
Be well. Be safe.
Jac A. Charlier, M.P.A.
Police, Treatment, and Community Collaborative (PTACC)
PTACC_10 Steps Deflection and Pre-arrest Diversion Sites Can Take
DURING and AFTER The COVID-19 Pandemic
As part of an ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Police, Treatment, and Community
Collaborative (PTACC), the national voice of and nation’s knowledge leader on defection and
pre-arrest diversion, is providing to our held the 10 Steps defection and pre-arrest diversion sites
can take to continue operating DURING the pandemic, as well as 10 Steps to think about, plan,
and prepare for coming out of and AFTER the pandemic.
PTACC Deflection Resource Center Home
Police & First Responders
National and International first responder associations are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, sharing information specific to the impact of COVID-19 on law enforcement, fire departments, and EMS.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), HHS
- The National Police Foundation
PTACC National Partner, Law Enforcement Action Partnership (LEAP) hosted a webinar with Sheriff Jim Manfre (Ret.) on how law enforcement and public officials can improve public safety by significantly reducing the incarcerated population in response to the coronavirus. Here is the webinar recording and Here is a live-updated document summarizing the recommendations, providing sources on key actions in specific jurisdictions, and linking to valuable resources across the field on this issue
Treatment & Recovery
Resources for Treatment Providers
Resources for Tele-Recovery
- Addiction Policy Forum – Free app to support people in recovery during COVID-19 outbreak
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357), a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Listing of more resources here.
Children & Families:
- Includes Resources on:
- Sign up for the HUD Exchange emails to get the latest on managing homeless populations during this crisis.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Corrections & Justice System
PTACC’s Global Partners: International Guidance
COVID-19 Resource Clearinghouses
- National Council of State Legislators: Criminal Justice System Responses to COVID-19, a list of resources detailing action being taken by courts, law enforcement, state and local agencies and other civil and criminal justice stakeholders.
- Center for Disease Control: COVID-19